SSaW project consortium
Who we are
The SSaW project consortium is a ‘Data Controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation (including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation) and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This notice explains how the SSaW project consortium collects and processes your personal information for research and dissemination purposes.
Information We Collect
We obtain personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information provided by you:
- You provided personal information upon registration with the SSaW project platform, whether, online or in person;
- You provided your personal information through one of our websites, or social media accounts and registered for our newsletter;
- You completed and returned surveys or response/feedback forms such as contact preference forms, including by mail and via electronic means;
- You registered to attend an event;
- You provided personal information as part of discussions with any of our team or representatives, from the SSaW project consortium.
We may process the following personal information about you:
- your title and full name (including former name or alias)
- your contact information (telephone number(s), email address, postal address);
- your business details, including positions, organisation, professional memberships and qualifications;
- information available through the media or the world wide web;
- your dietary and/or accessibility requirements.
How We Use Your Data
The SSaW project’s objective is to produce a sign vocabulary (based on International Sign) of around 200 essential Health and Safety (H&S) words and phrases (in multilingual glossary and e-learning resource format), to facilitate workplace communication between all employees, whatever their hearing and language ability.
This objective will be reached through innovative outputs, events and transnational meetings. We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administrative purposes:
- event registration;
- evaluation and feedback related to the project events and outputs;
- to keep a record of communications between us.
We may, from time to time, contact you by email
- To keep you up to date with events and activities in the SSaW project;
- To Invite you to events, which may be of interest to you;
If you would like to opt-out of the above Communications, please let us know. See ‘How to Contact Us’ below for further information.
Who your information may be shared with
Your personal information is held by individual partner organisations of the SSaW project consortium. We may disclose your personal data to Government Agencies (including the provider of funding for this project) where required to do so by law.
Where personal data is processed by a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is processed strictly according to the instructions of the University, for the relevant purposes only and securely destroyed or returned upon completion/termination. We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party processors are subject to written legal obligations in respect of data protection and the duty of confidentiality.
We will retain your personal information for a period of five years after the project ends, in line with our statutory/regulatory obligations to the project funder.
If you wish to request for any of your records to be removed from our records, or would like to opt-out of any or all communications from the SSaW project consortium, please see ‘How to Contact Us’ and ‘Rights of Data Subjects’ below for further information.
Rights of Data Subjects
- Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please write to us (see ‘Contact Us’ below) and provide us with enough information to identify you.
- Right to correct mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do so, please write to us (see ‘Contact Us’ below) and provide us with enough information to identify you, as well as, inform us of the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
Lawful basis for processing
The SSaW project consortium may rely on one or multiple grounds for processing your personal data including:
- You have provided consent for the processing;
- There is a contractual commitment to provide services and, therefore, processing is necessary to meet those contractual obligations;
- The information is available to the public at large; and/or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests of the SSaW project consortium or other third parties and does not affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals concerned.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any queries, suggestions or issues please do not hesitate to contact the SSaW project consortium on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at the following address:
Knowledge Transfer Team
Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton
If you have any concerns or believe that your personal information is being handled in a manner which is contrary to statutory requirements, you may wish to contact the SSaW project consortium’s Data Protection Officer via email@example.com or complain to the ICO via www.ico.org.